Friday, December 13, 2013

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

My friend Laura hosted a "Favorite Things" brunch this morning. The rules were that we each had to pick a favorite thing that cost under $5, buy 3 of them and bring them to brunch, unwrapped. And we had to keep it a secret. I really wracked my brain trying to come up with something in the price range and that nobody would think was dumb. Here's what I came up with...


I chose these Paisley Design coloring books from Amazon and a pack of colored pencils. I love to color. There is just something so soothing about it to me. So off to brunch I went and Laura made an amazing spread for us of some of her favorite things.


After we all ate we wrote our names on 3 pieces of paper and put them in a basket. Then we passed the basket around and each took 3 different names. We went around the circle explaining our favorite thing we had brought. Whichever names we had chosen were the recipients of our items.






When all was said and done I ended up with a Starbucks gift card, a Dunkin' Donuts gift card and a Limoges dish filled with mint M&M's. We all had such a good time and agreed that this may need to become an annual event. 


3 comments:

  1. Good idea, it should have been a nice moment, and I love your gift idea !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would have loved that kind of thing! How fun! Thanks for sharing and I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete